26. On a moderated list, can I disable automated messages informing the sender that their message has been submitted to the moderator?
This is the message we wish to disable:
Your message dated Sun, 31 Aug 2014 17:00:14 -0400 with subject "Re:
I have a response for that" has been submitted to the moderator of the
MYLIST-L list: moderator@EXAMPLE.COM.
This can be done by editing the list's mail templates. Using the web administration interface, go to
List Management > Customization > Mail Templates
- Use the template search box at right to search for templates named EDITOR
- Use the pull down of the template selection to select the template named MSG_POSTING_FORWARD_EDITOR.
- Select and delete all the contents of this template and replace with the single line:
- Click save/update. (Note that LISTSERV may automatically insert another line ".CS xxxxxxx". You can and should ignore this; it's normal under certain circumstances.)
If it is preferred to make this change for all lists on the server, it can be done at the site level (requires Postmaster-level privileges). Go to
Server Administration > Customization > Mail Templates
and follow the same instructions as above.
Please note carefully: The site-wide change will affect ONLY lists that do not already have a customized MSG_POSTING_FORWARD_EDITOR template. If the change is made at the site level and a list continues to send out moderation notifications, be sure to check if the list-level template has been customized before contacting support.