1. Why Delete or Edit Notebook Logs?
There may be some instances when you wish to delete or edit your notebook logs in your list archives. For example,
- There may be storage constraints on your LISTSERV host.
- Your LISTSERV provider may charge you for archive storage and you wish to save money.
- Your list may have exceeded an archive storage quota and stopped processing and you need to re-claim storage prior to issuing a FREE listname command.
- Or perhaps you just wish to delete some unnecessary or inflammatory posts from your archive.
There are primarily two methods for managing notebook log storage. Section 3 discusses removing notebook logs in their entirety (a relatively simple task) and Section 4 discusses editing the contents of notebook logs (more advanced.)