Less than a month remains in the 2008-09 LISTSERV Choice Awards, and the levels of participation and enthusiasm have been strong. There is an outstanding and diverse group of 10 nominated lists, in alphabetical order:
- CELIAC: Celiac/Coeliac Wheat/Gluten-Free List
- DRS: Dead Runners Society
- GISTSUPPORT: Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Support Group
- GUAIGROUP: Guaifenesin Protocol/Fibromyalgia Treatment
- GUNROOM: The Patrick O'Brian List of the World
- ICORS: Information Center for Online Resources and Services, Inc.
- ISEN-ASTC: Informal Science Education Network, Association of Science-Technology Centers
- IWMF-TALK: International Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia Foundation TalkList
- OPERA-L: The Opera List
- WORLDWIDEWORDS: World Wide Words Newsletter
L-Soft thanks everyone who has submitted nominations and votes to date. Congratulations to our most recent group of list nominators – representing CELIAC, GUNROOM, ICORS, IWMF-TALK, and OPERA-L – whose names were drawn and who will soon be receiving L-Soft t-shirts and/or promotional items.
At press time, the three lists with the highest vote totals, in alphabetical order, are ICORS, IWMF-TALK and WORLDWIDEWORDS.
Here is a quick recap of the voting rules:
- Polls close April 1, 2009, at 6 p.m. Central European Time.
- You may vote once every 24 hours.
- After voting, you will be locked out from voting again (on the computer you voted from) for 24 hours.
- The voting consists of separate monthly contests. Counters will be reset at the beginning of each month.
- L-Soft reserves the right to close some or all polls earlier than the posted end date.
- The top three finalists will be announced Spring 2009.
Final vote tabulations will be made after the public voting concludes on April 1. At that point, L-Soft will announce the three finalists with the highest number of votes. Then, the L-Soft jury and L-Soft Founder and CEO Eric Thomas will select the grand prize winner from the three finalists that received the highest number of votes. The L-Soft jury will judge the finalists and select a winner based on its determination of the most successful and beneficial email list or email marketing campaign. The decision of the jury is final. Stay tuned to L-Soft's LISTSERV at Work newsletter in the summer or fall of 2009, when we anticipate announcing the grand prize winner.
For more information about the LISTSERV Choice Awards, visit:
Overview | Rules | FAQ | Nominations | Voting