This year's LISTSERV Choice Awards nominations were full of enthusiasm, many with interesting and even highly personal anecdotes about the ways these lists have met an important need. We at L-Soft commend all the nominees; we are inspired by the many creative, innovative and effective ways organizations such as these are using LISTSERV email list technology to make a difference in people's lives.
This year's nominees, in alphabetical order, are:
- Auto-Immune List – Devoted to emerging research and issues in autoimmune diseases with an emphasis on multiple sclerosis
- BALITA-L – Providing Filipinos overseas with important news and information
- CrimE-Net – Helping police departments network and solve crimes
- ICORS – Dedicated to assisting individuals and groups in need, including those affected by disability, family issues, health issues
- Our-Kids – Supporting parents, caregivers and others who are working with children with physical and/or mental disabilities and delays
- Parents-Network – Providing information and support on a wide range of parenting issues to employees of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Poodle-L - The All Poodle Dog Discussion List – Devoted to discussing and sharing information and fun among poodle aficionados
- Scientific Society - PSIC – Uniting 90 scientists and professionals from 14 universities in Spain and the United States to offer the first program of evidence-based forensic psychology
- SponsorTalk – Part of The Recovery Group, a list through which sponsors can talk with one another about various issues and sponsees can get help in navigating the sponsor-sponsee relationship
- Ten Minutes of Torah – Delivering excerpts from Jewish religious texts for subscribers to contemplate
- The Recovery Group (TRG) – A worldwide 12-Step online community of meetings, support groups, studies, sponsors and services for compulsive eaters
- The Recovery Group - BB Loops & WTS – BB Loops is a discussion/study group of TRG designed for compulsive overeaters who appreciate the Alcoholics Anonymous Big Book; WTS is a quarterly, in-depth email study of "working the steps (WTS)", the twelve steps of Overeaters Anonymous
- The Recovery Group - ESPANAOA – The Spanish-language version of The Recovery Group
The initial jury process has been completed, with L-Soft representatives providing research and recommendations. The grand prize winner is being selected by L-Soft Founder and CEO, Eric Thomas. Stay tuned to the next issue of LISTSERV at Work to find out the winning list for 2007-2008.